Friday, December 08, 2006

Stuck on Stupid Statements

Three statements that rose above the rest of the ridiculous utterances made this week (not including the gem from Gore I posted about yesterday):

"Thank to God's help, we have gone all the way and are only one step away from the zenith. We hope to have the big nuclear celebration by the end of the year. [Western leaders should] follow the path of God or vanish from the face of the earth." -Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (source)

Now these two I only heard audio clips for -so if anyone can source them for me I'd really appreciate it:

I believe this was Tom Friedman of the NYT:
About Iraq: [We lost, it's a tragedy, and it’s over.]

I only heard the voice, but this sounded like Lee Hamilton, but it may have been Baker:
[If we invite Iran and they don't show up, we can show the world who they are.]

No comments: