Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Few Suggestions...

1) Blackfive reported that soldiers from the UK aren't being supported from home. I know it's a tough time of year, but if there's anymore love to spread around we should support these soldiers too -they are fighting and dying alongside our guys...

"...It is illogical, but true, that when soldiers take part in campaigns which are politically unpopular at home, their courage and dedication are less appreciated. I am told by the father of a British soldier just returned from six months in Iraq (and soon off to Afghanistan) that our troops in Basra receive very few letters of support from people at home, whereas their American counterparts have many letters, cards and parcels from complete strangers. He says that such messages cheer the soldiers up tremendously." (source)

For a Brit in Iraq:

British Soldier
c/o G1 Branch
HQ MultiNational Div (SE)
Basra, BFPO 641
United Kingdom

And for a British soldier in Afghanistan:

British Soldier
c/o G1 Branch
HQ Helmand Province Task Force
Camp Bastion, BFPO 792.t
United Kingdom
(H/T: Jules)

2) For a last minute gift idea: If you have any woman in your life that went through a breast cancer scare or endured the actual diagnosis and treatment...you MUST buy them "Cancer Vixen". It's a graphic novel by New Yorker Magazine cartoonist Marisa Acocella Marchetto that details her journey through breast cancer diagnosis and treatment with humor and amazing candor. Actually, I think all women would love this whether they've lived through cancer or not. This is one of the best books I've read in a long time -actually I read the 224 pages about 3 hours -Justrose lent it to me and told me once I started reading I wouldn't be able to put it down...she was right. (Short Video Clip of the book)

Buy it, read it and thank me later.

3) Did everyone but me know that Montel Williams was a Marine for 21 years? I knew there was a reason I liked that dude.

Yeah, I know, that's not a suggestion...yet.

Montel went to Iraq and brought the troops some Christmas surprises. The trip will be aired on his show today and tomorrow: ON LOCATION: HOLIDAYS WITH OUR TROOPS. You can check the schedule for your area here. It looks like it'll be a great show...

No comments: