Friday, December 15, 2006

Duke Lacrosse Mess...

When I posted a while back about the unbelievably of the stripper accusing the Duke lacrosse team, I was called a racist (though I had said in the same post I believed Kobe Bryant over his accuser)... I wasn't even thinking about race (I actually forgot the girl accusing the Duke boys was Black...); I was considering credibility and plausibility of the story.

Not only has the stripper at the party said the story was made up -the strip club owner doubted her story, and "a key lab report found DNA from multiple males in the accusers body, but none that belonged to the accused players." (source)

"...the accuser's story changed in the hours and days after the party; she has a history of bipolar disorder; she identified two people as having attended the party who were not there; and that she identified four attackers during the April photo lineup..." (source)

"...the accuser in the Duke Lacrosse case told co-workers at a Hillsborough strip club that she was going to get money from some boys at a Duke party who hadn't paid her, the club's former security manager said.

"She basically said, 'I'm going to get paid by the white boys,' " H.P. Thomas, the former security manager at the Platinum Club, said in an interview Friday. "I said, 'Whatever,' because no one takes her seriously. "The other girls would have known if something had happened," Thomas said. "If another dancer had been beat up or raped by a bunch of white boys, there would have been a ruckus." (source)

These boys have had their lives ruined by someone just tryin' to get paid. This AB, is why I don't just blindly always tale the woman's side...

...and it seems there's been breaking news since I wrote this last night-- Thursday night she gave birth to a baby..."That's nine months and a day after she says she was raped at a lacrosse team party." (source)

No comments: