Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Damn Seatbelts...

"Buckle Up South Jersey" started on Monday...you can be pulled over and ticketed for not having your seat belt on.

I know I have posted about this before and none of you agree with me, but this is SO ridiculous. You can zip down I-95 on a crotch rocket with no helmet, but I can be pulled over for not having on a seatbelt in an SUV that has front and side airbags.

I saw a Jersey official being interviewed on local news yesterday and he said [People that fail to buckle up are most likely to ignore all other traffic laws] --which is such a load of crap I can't stand it. I have NEVER gotten a ticket. I don't run stop signs, I don't speed and I don't go through red lights even if it's 2am and there is no one else around. The genius went on to say [Parents that buckle up are more likely to properly restrain children]...another misnomer. My kids have always been "properly restrained" in their car/booster seats.

I had to vent. I don't care if no one else agrees. I do wear a seatbelt on highways, but I hate them. My car. My insurance. My life. And my disagreement that a seat belt will be any additional help in a bad accident when airbags deploy --in The Man's accident he was wearing a seat belt and the entire seat dislodged...

Regardless of how prudent it is to wear a belt, my problem is with it being a law...

No comments: