Friday, October 13, 2006

Officially Endorsing Endorsing Raj Bhakta

You have to go to his website and watch the video at the top of the page.

Raj (who is running against major pro-abort/CAIR-approved Allison Schwartz for a Congressional seat) highlights just how bad our borders are:

1) In this video he watches a man cross the border right next to the border control building with 6 border control agents standing idly by. Raj chases the man down and finally one of the agents acts when he realizes there's a camera.

Raj's Border Chase

2) Raj rode and elephant followed by a Mariachi band across the border for over an hour and no one says a word to him. "If I can get an elephant led by a mariachi band into this country, I think Osama bin Laden could get across with all the weapons of mass destruction he could get into this country," Bhakta said.

Raj's Elephant on the Border Adventure

I love someone that uses over-the-top measures to elucidate the obvious.

Raj is a Republican and an environmentalist. Though there is nothing on his site that refers to his position on social issues, these three things stood out for me:

Reforming Government
In my first 100 days, I will introduce a bill that will eliminate pensions for congressmen who have been convicted of a crime. I will fight to clean up the backroom deals, to end the ability of members to insert pork-barrel items into bills in the middle of the night, and to stop their use of power for personal gain. We have to abolish the "pay to play" atmosphere and special-interest money that has infected our system.

Border Security/Immigration
I am a first generation American. My father was born in India and my mother was born in Ireland. We would not be the country we are today had immigrants not paved the way. We do, however, need sensible immigration reform. I support additional funding for border enforcement as well as efforts to attract the best and the brightest from around the world.

Veterans
We Americans must show our gratitude to the men and women who have served on active duty. We must remember the sacrifices they made to defend our values abroad and protect our safety at home. I will ensure all of our veterans have access to the services that they deserve and that their country has promised.

RAJ WILL BE ON FNC WITH BILL O'REILLY (with the elephant video) TONIGHT @ 8:00pm EST!!!

No comments: