Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rudy in '08

I realize that my Fred Thompson proposal fell on deaf ears at the GOP...so what's a disgruntled Republican to do? Definitely NOT disengage or stay home.

During the run up to the 2004 election I wrote:

"Here's the thing...this election is about one thing and one thing only--National Security, regardless of what your social, religious or even political views are. You can't marry your gay lover, have an abortion, listen to Howard Stern or fight for union overtime if you are dead. That's just a fact." (source)

The other day I realized I was being a hypocrite (the thing I despise above all other shortcomings). I think Giuliani would be the best President for this country at this time. He gets it. He got it before 9/11.

...But I never considered voting for him because he's pro-choice (and the whole affair thing didn't really ingratiate him either).

Roe V. Wade won't mean a thing if terrorism spreads over our borders again. That would only mean the suffering of the born as well as the unborn... I think Newt would be great, but I can't get over the whole cheating on his wife while she had cancer thing (I'm a woman after all and can only be expected to stomach so much).

...So, if Rudy Giuliani runs in the Republican primaries --I will be voting for a pro-choice candidate for the first time in my life. I will not be a hypocrite.

No comments: