Saturday, September 09, 2006

Half A Million Hits...

Not to be overly effusive (and I know it probably seems silly to the "A-List" Bloggers), but I was pretty excited about hitting 500,000 hits yesterday...

I started this site thinking The Man and Justrose would be the only ones to ever read it. It's gone through three template changes, a name change and various near misses as my finger dangled above the "Delete This Blog" button.

But here we are over two years, a radio show and half a million hits later.

In the past, when I was asked why I put so much time into something I don't get paid for -- I was never quite sure how to answer...

But now I can answer. THIS is Democracy.

When big politicians are asking Bloggers to post for them, endorse them or put links to their campaigns websites on the blogs... you know we are making an impact. I heard someone say yesterday that "the people shouldn't be afraid of the government, the government should be afraid of the people" and I think that's beginning to happen. Blogging has begun to shift the paradigm... Everyone really can have a voice.

Be afraid, be very afraid...

No comments: