Saturday, September 09, 2006

Book MeMe

ArmyWifeToddlerMom tagged me for this MeMe eons ago... Sorry it took so long!

1) A book that changed my life:

~The Bible (as it instilled guilt I can't seem to cast off)

2) A book I've read more than once:

~"Wuthering Heights" (too many times to count -it was the focus of my Senior thesis and one of the best books ever written)

~Every book by Jane Austen
"Pride & Prejudice" & "Emma" more than the others

3) A book I'd take to a desert island:

(Theoretically, because it's no longer in existence) "Yongle Dadian" because it has 22,000 chapters in 10,000 volumes --I guess that would keep me busy.

4) A book that made me laugh:

"CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC"
"SHOPAHOLIC TAKES MANHATTAN"
"SHOPAHOLIC TIES THE KNOT"
All by Sophie Kinsella (LOVE her!)

5) A book that made me cry:

I know it's happened because I remember The Man making fun of me...but I can't remember what it was...

6) A book I wish had been written:

The No Fail Parenting Manual for Every Problem You'll Ever Encounter: That Will Ensure a Harmonious House and Child (or your money back) ;)

7) A book that should never have been written:

The Qur'an

8) A book I'm currently reading:

I never read one book at a time -all these are in progress:
"Survivors: Vietnam POWs Tell Their Stories" -Zalin Grant
"Zen in the Martial Arts" -Joe Hyams
"Dojo Wisdom" - Jennifer Lawler
"Muzzled: From T-ball to Terrorism True Stories that Should be Fiction" -Michael Smerconish
"The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" Allen Carr
"White Guilt" Shelby Steele

9) A book I'm planning to read:

The New(ish) Harry Potter -I can't believe I still haven't read it!

10) Five people I'll send these questions on to:
Irish Diablo (What shapes that twisted mind of his?)
D-NC (davido) (What is the left reading these days?)
Dana (Because I don't know much about him)
Free Cypress (Well, I may have a "thing" for Greek Cypriots) ;)
J Rob (I think he's thus far escaped being tagged by me for any of these...)

Everyone else, feel free to answer in the comments...;)

No comments: