Monday, August 21, 2006

Something About Marriage That May Shock You...

Throw away your Prozac and take a stroll down the aisle... Apparently marriage lessens the symptoms of depression!

"...An Ohio State University study indicates that getting married enhances mental health, especially among depressed individuals, Cleveland television station WEWS reported.

Researchers measured symptoms of the blues, such as an inability to sleep or persistent sadness, in more than 3,000 people before and after marriage.

--The study found that symptoms decreased after taking vows.
--The study's authors said they believe that depressed people may have more of a need for intimacy.
--The study found that symptoms decreased after taking vows.
--The study’s authors believe that depressed people may have more of a need for intimacy." (source)

Weighing in, I’d have to say that I am happier now than I was when I was single (though I’ve never been someone that was prone to depression) --I wonder if The Man would say the same... ;)

No comments: