Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Savagely Succinct

Hate him or love him, Michael Savage said something so right on last night I haven't been able to get it out of my head (and my gut).
Now, you all know I am not normally in the habit of regurgitating what talk show hosts are saying --but I feel this bears repeating and some serious pondering:

["How can we say to American parents, 'If your boy comes home in a casket, he's a hero. If your boy dies and comes home in a body bag he was a hero, but if your boy shoots first so he doesn't die...we're sending him to Camp Pendleton and charging him with murder'."]

***In related news: The 'Camp Pendleton 8' are "charging the hill" by asking to waive pre-trials and go right to trial. Of course the NYT, who is no friend of the United States military, is speculating the marines hid or destroyed evidence in the case.

No comments: