Friday, August 18, 2006

Random November Election Stuff

1) Charlie Rangel has promised to leave his Congressional seat if the Dems don't take back Congress... Well, I don't know, things may be boring without his scratchy voice around.

2) Is anyone in the Philly area planning on going to the Lynn Swann Rally?
DATE:
Tuesday August 22, 2006
TIME:
6:00-8:00PM
PLACE:
Springfield Country Club
DETAILS:
There will be food (No Charge/No Tickets Required)

3) I am pretty ambivalent about Rick Santorum as a Senator. I can't envision voting for a Dem over him in this political climate (even though the challenger is pro-life), but I have no overwhelming allegiance to him as a politician.
However...I am a major campaign wonk --I love watching the political process and I have to say... hate him or love him, Santorum's new commercial is pure political genius.



It's upbeat, there's nothing about an opponent, saying he's middle-of-the-road, distancing himself from the White House and playing to the Unions... genius. I'll have to look up who's heading his campaign. I'm impressed Ricky --It's exactly the ad I would have run.

No comments: