Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Gas: Ethanol and Prices

As I have posted previously, I'm not too upset about gas prices... It's still more money for a gallon of Evian water.

Here's the problem that I have... (Aside from the fact that there will be another gas price-hike because of the closing of the Alaskan pipeline)

I filled my tank before I went to the shore (beach for the non-Philadelphians). It was $3.05/gallon. Point Pleasant Beach is about an hour and 20 minutes away. We really didn't drive while we where there. The next morning we drove down to Seaside Heights which is about 11 miles south of Pt. Pleasant. That night the trip home took about 2 hours and 5 minutes. Somehow I used the SAME AMOUNT of gas that I use driving down to North Carolina. Eight Hours. 350 miles. The same gas as a drive that was under 4 hours. How is that possible?

I'll tell you how Sierra Club...the Ethanol additive. Obviously it evaporates. I don't mind paying $3.05 for GAS, but I do mind paying it for evaporating CORN!

I can normally make it to OBX on 3/4 tank of gas...but how many times am I going to have to gas up when we go at the end of the month? Damn environmentalists and their non-solutions...

No comments: