Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Great Question for Kofi Annan...

...Believe it or not, on Larry King Live. Not one of Larry's questions for UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, but one that was emailed in from a viewer (In Illinois I believe).

Paraphrased: ["Secretary Annan: I am wondering why the United Nations issues resolutions if they have no intention of ever following them up or enforcing them."]

It was the first time I actually turned up the volume for a Larry King Live guest. I really wanted to know the answer to this question... This may have been the first poignant (not to mention interesting) thing to come from that studio.

Annan didn't answer. He bobbed and wove and said something about Ghana and member states voting --an answer that had nothing to do with the question at hand.

I still really wanna know the answer...

No comments: