Saturday, July 08, 2006

Defending Biden...

To answer the emails as to why I didn't post about Senator Joe Biden's comments that "exposed him as a racist" --

I would like to direct people to the Kos Kids post. In it I said my biggest pet peeve was feigned outrage and I think the right has done that with this Biden story. I realize that you all feel if it was a Republican that had made these comments, it would be everywhere and it's being excused because it was a Democrat. I know it's a double standard (Can we say Trent Lott?) I agree, but I am not going to jump on the infuriated bandwagon. Let's lead by example.

Biden said that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent." (source)

I'm not mad about that. It's true. Indians own Sevs and Dunkin' Donuts. If you don't think that's true take a drive through Philly.

Please, Let's not turn into the no-sense-of-humor PC left.

No comments: