Sunday, July 30, 2006

Code Pinkos Disrupt Iraqi PM

As I was reading through various stories about the Code-Pinko heckling of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki (and shaking my head at the juvenile display and atrocious manners my mother would've slapped me for) I was more struck my the heckler's (who is also the co-founder) name than anything else...

Aside from obnoxious outbursts during the speeches of visiting Heads of State, Code Pink has recently been walking the front lines of the abortion debate along side of NOW and NARAL...

PM al-Maliki's heckler was Medea Benjamin. Medea*.

Who would name their child that? Did her mother set her fate with that name choice? This is how my brain works when I am driving alone in my car...Yes; it's a vast intersection of tangents.

(*Medea (by Euripides): First literary woman to kill her own children)

No comments: