Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Would a Cat Do This...?

Sorry, I don't know why I'm having so much fun with the "cat people" lately...;)

A beagle saved her owner's life by calling 911 on his cell phone when he fell into a diabetic coma. She was just awarded the Vita Wireless Samaritan Award (the first time an animal has won the award).

"The dog was trained to detect potential diabetic attacks by licking and sniffing Mr. Weaver's nose to check his blood sugar levels and pawing him. Belle resorted to dialing for help when Mr. Weaver fell unconscious.

The dog used her teeth to press the number nine key, which the phone was programmed to interpret as a "911" call to emergency services. Ambulance workers answered the phone and, hearing nothing but barking at the end of the line, rushed to the caller's house in the city of Ocoee in Florida state." (source)

Don’t feel too bad, I'm pretty sure my dog would just curl her fat self up next to me and fall asleep...

No comments: