Friday, June 30, 2006

Superman - Illegal Alien?

I have never been a big fan of Superman (Batman either for that matter) DC Comics are a bit hokey --Why bother with a geeky guy in tights or a grown man dressed as a bat when there are superheroes like Wolverine out there...?

I digress...

Anyway, it seems the screenwriters of the new Superman movie have decided he wasn't PC enough and changed his catch phrase "Truth, Justice and the American way" to... Ready for this...
"Truth, Justice...and all that stuff". Wow.

Here is an explanation from the writers, Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty:

Dan: "I don't think 'the American way' means what it meant in 1945."

Mike: "He's not just for Metropolis and not just for America."

Dan: "He's an alien, from Krypton; he has come to Earth to be kind of a savior for this world, not our country . . . And he has no papers."

Mike: "What would happen with the immigration laws we have now?"

Dan: "I'd like to see someone kick him out!" (source)

Does absolutely everything from Hollywood have to be PC and bursting with political innuendo? As if "The Family Stone" and "Rumor Has It" weren't bad enough...

So, go enjoy the new politically correct, International Superhero... I'll be at X3.

(Huge H/T to: Nanman)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This paragraph posted at this website is truly good.
Look into my weblog ... free iphones

Anonymous said...

Wow! At last I got a website from where I be able to in fact get helpful information concerning my study and knowledge.
My webpage :: get rid of acne naturally at home

mary said...






Hello I am Kale Nick, I am out here to spreed this good news to the entire world on how I got my ex husband back.I was going crazy when my love left me for another woman last month, But when I meet a friend that introduce me to punk max the great messenger to the oracle that he serve, I narrated my problem to Tako max about how my ex husband left me and also how I needed to get a job in a very big company.He only said to me that I have come to the right place were I will be getting my heart desire without any side effect.He told me what I need to do, After it was been done, In the next 2 days, My husband called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me before now and also in the next one week after my husband called me to be pleading for forgiveness, I was called for interview in my desired company were I needed to work as the managing director..I am so happy and overwhelmed that I have to tell this to the entire world to contact Dr Kpelede at the following email address and get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him direct on:kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com.
and get your problems solve like me..

Do you need any kind of spiritual help, do you have problem in your relationship, marriage and is anyone oweing you and refusing to pay back, did you just lost your job and want it back so desperately, is there anything you want so much but you can't have it because of someone else, you need not be frustrated or have sleepless night about it anymore because kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com is here to solve all your problems by casting spell on them.