Monday, June 26, 2006

Paranoid, Who Me?

So what if half of the reason I took the boys to the Empire State Building is I am not sure if it will always be there...?

With the Twin Towers gone and an active plot to take down the Sears Tower recently foiled, how many more landmarks are being targeted? The Man is obsessed with skyscrapers (architecture in general actually). He never went to the top of the WTC and neither did my boys --a major point of contention whenever 9/11 comes up...

I guess the underlying fact is that it isn't paranoia at all --it's just common sense. I am almost 100% sure there will be other attacks on American soil. This doesn't mean I'm "living in fear", "letting them win" or changing my day-to-day life, but I am thinking about things I wouldn't have 6 years ago...

Worse (in my mind) than another 9/11 style attack would be constant small attacks in banal places (like the pizza shop homicide bombers in Israel) --or, a "dirty bomb".

"Spy chiefs fear that it is a case of "when, not if" Islamist terrorists launch a "dirty bomb" attack against London or another western capital, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt.

Security sources have disclosed that the belief amongst most intelligence agencies is that a chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear (CBRN) attack, using a so-called dirty bomb, is now inevitable." (source)

If there wasn't enough to worry about...

On a lighter note than dirty bombs, loving the design for the 'Freedom Tower'.

No comments: