Saturday, June 17, 2006

Important World Cup Update...



No, this isn't just an excuse to post pictures of David Beckham. I am interested in the World Cup. I mean, I haven't watched any of it, checked any scores or even know who's playing...but I'm, uh, interested.

England won against Trinidad and I think we play Italy today. I hear we are going to get trounced.

I have also heard that Germany should have no problem beating England --yet a German reporter wrote a pretty nasty article about David Beckham --trying to psyche him out?

"The article attacked his sister Joanna for being "fat", joked that his sons Romeo and Brooklyn were "dwarves" and described his mother Sandra as having the smile of a "peasant". The journalist responsible for the insults, sports writer Tobias Holtkamp, has attempted to excuse the article as a bit of harmless fun.

He said: "It was meant to be funny and should not have been taken so serious. The English translation makes it sound much worse than I intended." (source)

And they say we girls are catty...

No comments: