Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Father's Day...



Dedicated to all the Fathers out there in the blogosphere: I know deep down you feel that we get all the holidays. Mother's day, Valentine's Day and we probably commandeer most of the other holidays too... So enjoy today --and ladies, the best gift would probably be to take the kids out and let him lay on the couch with his hand in the top of his pants and the other wrapped around a beer...drifting in and out of sleep as he watches some sports event or a terrible movie you would change if you were home.

"That is the thankless position of the father in the family-the provider for all, and the enemy of all." -- J. August Strindberg

"By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder - infinitely prouder - to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. The one has the potentiality of death; the other embodies creation and life. And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle field but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in Heaven.' -- Douglas Macarthur

"It is a wise father that knows his own child." -- William Shakespeare

"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." -- Sigmund Freud

"Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!" -- Lydia M. Child

Take the 'Famous Fathers' Quiz

Happy Father's Day 92alpha --without you there would be no me (and a better resume there couldn't be...LOL)

Happy Father's Day Tesco --I love you (as Justice's card said, "You're as handsome as a rockstar!")

Also, a VERY SPECIAL Father's Day to all the deployed guys who are too far from home to get a mushy bowl of Cheerios dropped all over their quilt during a very sweet breakfast-in-bed attempt!

No comments: