Sunday, April 23, 2006

The MSM and the Left...

There are many a frustrating conversation to be had with a liberal. The "validity" of the war. Bush being dumb/evil. Republicans hating anyone that isn't old, white and rich. Government doing everything for everybody. We've all had them here and in our personal lives... but there is one that has always frustrated me more than the others. Media bias and their denial of it. The reason this tops my list is because the other things are subjective --and the left wing bias in the media is fact. ...So whenever I have had this argument I have just burned inside thinking -'How can this person just look me right in the face and lie through their teeth?'.

...But alas, I think I have come to a new realization that should help my stress level. I honestly don't think they believe there is a left-leaning media bias. Though the left group-think controls almost every paper in this country and we know for a fact that most news stations are run and programmed by lefties... In fact, I think they might honestly believe the media has a Right bias. Now, I don't know if they all believe this about the MSM or if they truly believe that FNC and right wing radio overpowers all the other stuff.

On one of the bigger sites of the left'o'sphere yesterday they were all discussing how the MSM holds the DNC down. How they must overcome the bias! And get this, how Katie Couric is a puppet for the right! I'm flabbergasted, but at least now I know these people are actually delusional and not just liars...

For those on the right that don't believe this (I know it's a bit kooky), I offer the picture as proof. This was taken by the good folks at Protest Warrior at an anti-war rally. NPR has a rightwing bias?! Oh Lord...

No comments: