Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Exacerbated Pedophilia



...As if sexually abusing a 10 year old wasn't bad enough. Kevin Underwood, a 26 year old grocery store clerk, decided to amp it up a bit.

This story is bad enough on it's face, but when you think about Jamie Bolin's parents... and having to know this information... THIS STORY is why I support the death penalty. Kevin Underwood has given up his right to be a part of the human race...

"Prosecutors in Oklahoma have filed first-degree murder charges against Kevin Underwood. He's accused of killing a 10-year-old neighbor, Jamie Rose Bolin.

...An affidavit from Purcell police said Underwood has confessed to killing Bolin. Investigators think Underwood killed Bolin, then sexually assaulted her as part of an elaborate plan to eat human flesh.

Authorities believe Underwood lured the girl into his apartment, beat her over the head with a wooden cutting board and suffocated her with his hands and duct tape. He and the girl lived in the same apartment complex in Purcell, about 40 miles south of Oklahoma City. People who know Underwood describe him as quiet, "boring" and seemingly trustworthy.

Police said he also targeted other potential victims, including an adult woman and a 5-year-old boy. Underwood kept an online diary in which he described himself as "single, bored, and lonely," but "pretty happy." On it, he joked about cannibalism, discussed the effects of not taking his anti-depression medication and mentioned "dangerously weird" fantasies. In the end, he said all he wanted in life was "to be able to live like a normal person."

However, in an entry two months ago, Underwood wrote that he struggled with depression and social interaction. He also mentions cannibalism, asking "If you were a cannibal, what would you wear to dinner?" and responding: "The skin of last night's main course."

Underwood's mother said she doesn't know how this happened, noting that her son was "always a wonderful boy." Connie Underwood said she feels "so terrible." "I would like to be able to tell her family how sorry we are. I just feel so terrible," Connie Underwood said.

...They believe the killer had plotted over time to abduct, rape, kill, devour and dismember someone and chose Bolin as the victim the day she disappeared.

Tompkins said the child was found unclothed inside a large, blue Rubbermaid tub and had deep lacerations to her neck, which they believe were signs of an attempt to decapitate her.

Kuykendall said preliminary findings indicate the child died of blunt force trauma to the head and asphyxiation. It's believed she was hit three or four times on the head with the cutting board, then a hand and some duct tape were placed over her mouth." (source)

His blog is on Blogspot. (H/T: Huff's Crime Blog) I read through some of the blog... he's had it since 2002. This is from his first entry:

"September 10th, 2002. The day before the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America. And I say...who gives a fuck? I'm sick of hearing about it! I was sick of hearing about it a week after it happened. I liked the coverage of it at first, because it was entertaining. But after a few days of it, it got boring! The same thing happened with the Murrah Building bombing in Oklahoma, from which I live only about 30 or 40 miles away. I didn't care about that, and I don't care about the WTC. No one I know was involved in either of them, no one I know was hurt. And as long as none of my close friends or I are hurt, I don't give a fuck how many people the terrorists kill. I'm not worried about it. I live in the middle of nowhere, there's not much chance they're going to bomb anything here. The only thing I'm worried about is Anthrax, or something else chemical or biological." (source)

An IM conversation he had:

"missy_custer: Mmmm, I'm hungry.
missy_custer: What did you have for dinner tonight?
SubSpecies23: Children!
missy_custer: lmfao
SubSpecies23: lol, not really. I had meatloaf.
SubSpecies23: Made out of children!
missy_custer: lol, meatloaf, the singer?
SubSpecies23: ew, no, lol. Though he looks like he's probably eaten a child or two.
missy_custer: Yeah, the evil bastard." (source)

Of course these stood out too:
"But, yeah, that's what happens when you're raised in my family. The same thing happened to me. My parents are very anti-republican. If we weren't so lazy we'd probably all be bomb-throwing liberal activists." (source)

"I was, in my opinion, a lucky child. I was lucky enough to be raised in a fairly liberal house. My parents are both democrats, and are pretty open when it comes to religious and political ideals, my dad esepcially." (source)

So, ya know... just sayin'.

I have enrolled both my boys in a safety training session called "Know & Go". The class is at the end of May... I know it won't guarantee nothing will ever happen to my guys, but I hope it will give them some tools for this incredibly f'ed up world we find ourselves in...

(Story H/T: Liz)

No comments: