Monday, March 20, 2006

Tribute to Single Parents...

Okay, let me put this post in context... I am very self-sufficient. The Man works a lot so I have learned to do things myself if I really want them done. I re-tiled the kitchen and downstairs bathroom, I can hang mini blinds and curtains...etc. You get the point -I'm not some girly girl that expects to be waited on hand and foot, BUT I had no idea how much I relied on the end-of-the-day help I get from The Man.

He was away last week (until yesterday) doing an out-of-state job and it was so hard. I really tip my hat to all of you that manage by yourself all the time. I hadn't realized how much I rely on The Man being there at night and on the weekends to help me or watch the boys so I can go out for a breather...

This past week was full of appointments, parties, meetings, etc and I had to juggle all of it myself. I survived, but it wasn't easy and each day as my patience waned I thought of all you that do this all the time --I am humbled at your sacrifice and resolve!

No comments: