Saturday, March 18, 2006

Saturday Compilation

  • The left'o'sphere is abuzz with the name Daniel Pipes, a Middle East scholar. They call him a hate-monger and worse. I read through a bunch of his articles last night and he's definitely not a PC kinda guy, but I have to say I didn't disagree with much he had to say.

    There are two statements that have really brought him onto the radar:

    "'Individual Islamists may appear law-abiding and reasonable, but they are part of a totalitarian movement, and as such, all must be considered potential killers." I wrote those words days after September 11, 2001, and have been criticized for them ever since. But an incident on March 3 at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill suggests I did not go far enough." (source)

    "Civil war in Iraq, in short, would be a humanitarian tragedy but not a strategic one." (source)

    Thank you Kos for bringing this guy to my attention. I've enjoyed his articles and I think I'll link his page...
    91Ghost - I think you're gonna love this guy...


  • Maybe you remember VT Judge Cashman who gave a pedophile a 60 day jail sentence... Well, an Ohio judge didn't seem to learn from that case. Judge John Connor COULD have given a monster that raped 2 boys for a 3 year period TEN years...but instead he opted for COUNSELLING. Yes, you read that right. He's still defending his position, but Bill O'Reilly is keeping this in the spotlight and calling for Connor's removal from the bench. O'Reilly's new article focuses heavily on this issue and looks at what State's have the most lax laws when it comes to out kids: The Most Dangerous States for American Kids".


  • In case you missed it in the mix yesterday...The USMC has let Allen Abney (the man that enlisted in the marines and then deserted to Canada) go without so much as a slap on the wrist. No punishment at all. I am shocked at this -especially during a time of war. What message does this send? (source).


  • Andrea Yates gets a new trial and it's set to begin Monday. It's bad enough that her husband isn't behind bars and is set to remarry, if Andrea goes free also... Oh I give up. Empty the prisons -why do we bother. If you can systematically drown 5 kids -crazy or not -you're guilty. If we can't see that we shouldn't have prisons at all.
    The other night the defense attorney of an accused rapist and murderer said this and I haven't been able to get it out of my head:
    [The victim's family] deserves justice, but my client is entitled to it!"
  • No comments: