Thursday, March 02, 2006

Quick Thoughts & Links...

...I am going to cheat a bit here and just link some stories that I wanted to post about. Justice and I have been sick all week (he's missed three days of school) and it's really hard to sit at the computer. I apologize for emails I haven't been able to answer and phone calls I have missed. If you can't reach me --I am in bed watching the first season of Entourage on DVD and longing for AB's parka...


Here goes:
  • Abortion-Rights activists are calling for a Ban on South Dakota's tourism industry... I didn't realize they had one of those ;) Apparently Pro-lifers countered with a promise to "eat more potatoes" should the law pass. Isn't that Idaho? Ok, I just looked and they do have Mt. Rushmore. Hey, I told you us Yanks don't know anything about the middle states...


  • Two pieces of news involving CBS. First they were caught by the right'osphere again. This time instead of forged documents it was fake polls showing GW's approval ratings. In other CBS news, they are suing Howard Stern for "hundreds of millions of dollars". Not surprisingly ratings have plummeted with my old flame David Lee Roth behind the mic. I have to say that I did think it was odd that CBS had no problem with Stern hyping his move to Sirius so much...


  • The MSM seems to be highly annoyed that the "furor" over the NSA wiretapping has died down --despite rallies by the ACLU and moveon.org. They are trying to rekindle the flame despite all the polls citing American support.


  • Bill Bennett weighs in on the Dubai Ports World deal and expresses why he thinks it's a bad deal for America.
    "...Here is what rankles Americans, and what should rankle the administration: We are being asked to not only trust our ports to be partially run by the UAE, but we are additionally being asked to support a multibillion-dollar arrangement that supports an authoritarian regime. The message of the Bush doctrine has been blurred. We have been led in this war by the great call to and for freedom in other countries — "the urgent requirement of our nation's security, and the calling of our time," as the president put it in his powerful Second Inaugural. This calling applies to nowhere else as direct as it does to the Middle East..."


  • The Flyers are doing awesome this season!
    "...As far as the rest of the rest of the East goes, Philly, New Jersey and Tampa Bay should grab playoff spots leaving one spot open for Atlanta, Montreal, Toronto or Boston...." (source) The bad news is that Keith Primeau is most likely out for the rest of the season.
  • No comments: