Wednesday, March 08, 2006

MTV, AIDS and Spring Break

If you asked The Man what he hated most about me...I bet he would say he hates that I watch reality shows on MTV. It aggravates him to no end.

But if I wasn't a geek that still watched The Real World (and now the new Ashley parker Angel show, Okay and Real World/Road Rules challenges...) I would have never seen the next two things I want to talk about...Blog Research I tell you!

The first thing is a great new condom campaign by Trojan. I say that it's great because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw it --it's sobering. I'm going to paraphrase here:

[Did you know that 1 in 4 people who are HIV+ will not tell their partners?
It's not because they don't care. It's because they don't know.
Use a condom every time.
]

One in four?! Wow. All you singles (and cheaters) out there take heed --that is a deadly serious statistic. ...And girls, if he won't wear it because "it doesn't feel as good" or "he can't get excited" ...LEAVE!

The second thing that I found pretty impressive was the fact that MTV --kings of the promulgation of spring break debauchery --is offering an "alternative Spring break" this year. They are asking teens and college kids to give up the booze and bikinis and instead to go help our with StormCorps. They offer a link to build your own alternative spring break. Anyway, I doubt the type of people that go to Daytona's Spring Break would ever consider it...but it's a nice idea.

Not really related but I'll put it here anyway:
8.6 MILLION people watched Spongebob's "Lost in Time" premier --I wonder if that's more than watched the Presidential debates...

No comments: