Monday, March 20, 2006

Military IQ

Obviously, The Belz doesn't read as much as he wants everyone to believe-- or he would have never made the condescending comments that he did about the military on Bill Maher's show the other night... If he had read this article he would know that the military on average is higher educated than the general American public.

Normally I like Richard Belzer. I know he's a tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, but that's OK with me...those people amuse me. But to say that he knows more about the war than the troops that are fighting it? Come on Belz... Until then I thought you were intelligent.

Some of Belzer's exchange with Florida Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Bill Maher:

"Ros-Lehtinen: "Ask them. Ask them if it's fair! Wait a minute, wait a minute. My stepson, wait a minute, my stepson ..."

Belzer: "That's bull----: Ask them! They're not .. they don't read twenty newspapers a day. They're under the threat of death every minute. They're not the best people to ask about the war because they're going to die any second."

Ros-Lehtinen: "Wait a minute! You are talking about my stepson, my stepson who just finished last week eight months of duty ..."

Belzer: "God bless your stepson. Doesn't mean he's a brilliant scholar about the war because he's there. And God bless him."

Bill Maher: "I think the point he's trying to make is that a 19-year-old who is in that army because he probably couldn't find other employment ..."

Ros-Lehtinen: "He's a college graduate. He's a Marine officer. He volunteered for the Marines."

Belzer: "He's the exception for the rule."

Ros-Lehtinen: "He's not the exception for the rule. I've been there ..."

Belzer: "You think everyone over there is a college graduate? They're 19 and 20-year-old kids who couldn't get a job ..."

To be fair, even Maher seemed a bit put off at these sentiments... Read the entire exchange.

***And Sean Hannity almost got into a fight with a New York City Councilman over that little 7 yr. old racist poet. You can watch the video here.***

No comments: