Monday, March 20, 2006

French Riots



Did anyone else watch the Student/Union riots taking place in the streets of Paris this weekend. Fox had the whole thing live and I was hooked. I was on the phone with one of my lib brothers and I was like, "I have to admit that I get a strange joy watching these protestors getting beat down with nightsticks". ...and I do. Should I admit that?

It didn't help matters that they are protesting, throwing Molotov cocktails and rocks at the police over a ridiculous protest against being able to be fired. That's right, reminiscent of American labor unions these kids don't want to be able to be fired. And if I heard right (please correct me if I'm wrong) they want to keep their 35 hour work weeks and SIX WEEKS vacation --and still be able to compete in the global market?!

As far as I can tell the law was conceived to actually get the little derelicts hired... Anyway, it was almost as good as a high speed chase.

No comments: