Thursday, March 23, 2006

Best Frivolous Lawsuit Yet...

Okay, you all know I have posted tons of (what I deem) ridiculous lawsuits, but I think this one might be the winner...

A Lodi, California man, Curtis Gokey, had his car hit by a city dump truck and didn't waste anytime in filing a lawsuit for $3,500. I know you're all thinking -that's fine they hit his car. Here's the thing... HE was driving the dump truck that he backed into his own car. Needless to say the city rejected his claim. But...

"Now, Gokey's wife is filing a claim in her own name, saying she's the one who uses the car. The city has rejected her claim, too. But Rhonda Gokey isn't giving up so easily. She said she's not as nice as her husband. She insisted she has "the right to sue the city because a city's vehicle damaged my private vehicle."

Rhonda Gokey's claim is for $1,200 more than Curtis." (source)

One lawsuit I wouldn't be against would be charges being brought against these two litigious fools...

(H/T:Liz)

SPEAKING OF LAWSUITS:
I have a question for you law-minded types out there. I received a REALLY KKK-style racist email the other day, but I guess the sender has seen me post emails before because the header says "NOT FOR PUBLICATION WITHOUT PERMISSION"...
Can I post it anyway? It's a personal email written to me, so isn't it now my possession?

No comments: