Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Questions About Operation Iraqi Freedom:



D-NC brought an article to my attention...yes, it is from Daily Kos but I do think it's worth the read. Personally, I would really like to know if it's true or not...

The Post was submitted by someone who claims to have been corresponding with a soldier who is currently deployed in Iraq. Here is the letter in question:

"My life here is very different than I ever expected to be living that is for sure. I don’t even know where to start. I also don’t want you to feel bad for me when I tell you some of this stuff. First of all we hardly ever have hot water. That is when we still have water because they have to truck all of our water in from the local villages. Next the septic system here is set up for about half of the people that use it. That leads to the weak link which happens to be in the bathroom that is in my section of the berthing. You know what that means. That means that when she is full the overflow comes up our sinks and spreads poo all over the floor. Also with the water they test it and every time it comes up with ecoli. They had three kinds of bottled water here for us and two of the three kinds have bacteria in them. The last thing that bugs me about this place is there are all kinds of mold on the walls where we sleep. There is mold right next to my head through the whole night.

The whole civil war thing is not affecting us yet except for the mail. We cannot go and get the mail because of that crap.

I am sorry that I am rambling but I have to cut myself off right now I could go on all night long!!!! Given the circumstances I think that we have pretty high spirits!!!

I will write later
Your Friend in Iraq"

Is it true that we are not providing our troops with clean drinking water? Is plumbing a major problem that could affect the health of the troops --or is this one instance on a base that will be taken care of quickly?

In other OIF news:
Toyota is actively employing veterans and
Sears is still closing the pay gap for its active duty employees --which has prompted me to shop there when I never used to...
Last, but not least: IMAO has a new t-shirt with the top 10 Military slogans --it's pretty cool (and make sure to read the comments under the post that somehow went from t-shirt talk to rape wishes for Frank J.'s new bride. Classy...

No comments: