Saturday, February 11, 2006

Peace in the Middle East...I Think Not.

I have been thinking a lot about how easily I got caught up in the fervor of the Iraqi and Afghani elections and all the purple fingers. It was a nice idea and heartwarming to see people that had been held down for so long rising up. Unfortunately, a "nice idea" is probably all it will ever be...

When I read about the Egyptian ferry that went down in the Red Sea (1400 dead) and the Egyptian government refusing the rescue power of the Israeli Navy because of the "shame" of being rescued by Jews...

And then read that last week in Iraq Sunnis were killing Shi‘ites (or the other way around, who can keep track) because they're not "Muslim" enough (or maybe too Muslim)...

...If you would let your citizens drown rather than allow Jews to save them...

...If you can't even co-exist with your own religion...

How can we EVER expect peace?

I also started thinking back to Biblical prophecy (much of which includes the Middle East). I found this site last night --I have no idea who this group is or what they believe/advocate, but I found the pamphlet to be a really interesting read...

I think the fantasy has ended for me... I think I want our boys home... I am pretty damn sure I don't want another American death for people that are ungrateful and unwilling to emerge from the 13th century. If it gets out of hand there --and another pre-9/11 Afghanistan emerges...let's just bomb the shit out of it and call it a day.

No comments: