Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Joys of Pocket Photography...



I finally got a new digital camera... The one that I have been using was a piece of junk even when we got it, but I LOVE my new one. I drove the sales guy insane because I was having a real dilemma over getting the Canon A620 (the 7.1 mega pixel Powershot that I really wanted) or the much smaller Canon 5.1 SD450 Powershot.

The Man wanted me to get the A620 and I did love the 180 degree LCD screen...but I opted for the SD450. I wanted something I could carry all the time. This camera is smaller than a pack of smokes yet has all the bells and whistles (even a manual capability). My rationale was if I want a "real" camera that I have to lug around I have my SLR Nikon and this purchase was about good pictures, but more about availability. There is always something that I see and wished I had a camera to capture...

Yesterday, only three days after the purchase, my decision paid off. As I was driving home from picking up some coffee beans for The Man, I turned down the street two down from ours...and low and behold:



I drove by with 1,000 thoughts racing through my mind, and then slammed on my brakes and reversed up the one way street...I had my new camera in my purse!

Thank you Canon as I can finally have the "What the !&^%@?" feature that I always envisioned... ;) The only problem is, my nosy nature now wants the whole story...

No comments: