Saturday, January 21, 2006

Impending Flight...



As previously mentioned, I haven't been on a plane since 9/11. It figures that now that I am beholden to a flight on Monday morning, every other story I come across is about someone perishing (or almost perishing) on a plane.

I know the jetsetters, that have been airborne since the day the airline grounding was lifted, think this fear is unfounded and I realize that "I have a bigger chance of getting into an accident in my car"... blah, blah, blah...

There are two odd airline things that I find a bit disconcerting:

1) There is NO I.D. required for anyone under eighteen. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a bit foolish.
2) When AB's new hubby got pulled from the line for an extended search (on their way to Jamaica) they made him strip down in front of a window with everyone in the airport looking in.

Among the many I have seen this week:

Pilot In Crash Had Been Drinking

Plane crash kills 44

Maybe I shouldn't have read so many non-fiction books slagging the airlines... Maybe I'll blog through it to take the edge off...

No comments: