Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Disney: First Day Observations

(...This isn't the first time I've been here. My Grandfather brought me when I was 6 and my grandmother when I was 12. The Man was here once when he was 15)

1) I still hate flying.
2) I think we might be the only Americans here.
3) Everything is so...shiny, and plastic.
4) You have to walk...a lot.
5) We spent $74.95 on dinner last night --in a food court.

I guess since we only ever go to the Outer Banks and rent huge houses with a pool, hot tub, pool table, etc for a 1/4 of the price we spent to be here... the realization hit us hard that we had to spend a week in one room with our children. :)

I am sure that we will have a good time, but this will definitely be the only time. I am not slagging those of you who love it here, but this really isn't the kind of vacation that fits our very laid back-hate to make any plans in advance family.

Today... The Magic Kingdom...
Who knows, maybe I'll be a Disney convert by the end of the week...

No comments: