Friday, December 02, 2005

Let's Talk Castro...


...That might be the one thing we haven't discussed here...

So, I guess this will be another one of those "Question for the Left" deals. Last night I was thinking about Cuba after I read this article about prisoners that are self-mutilating because of Castro's treatment. They are doing anything to get world attention --to get some help (Where the heck is Amnesty International or the Red Cross...too busy eating mango-glazed chicken at GITMO?)

Until two or three years ago it never even crossed my mind that Castro had supporters. I watched Oliver Stone's movie about him and just assumed it would be documenting all the horrors he has inflicted on the Cuban people. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a country where the citizens are willing to tape balloons to a '56 Chevy and brave the ocean must be really horrible. As I watched Stone's take on Castro, I was shocked as I realized he liked this man...as do many other celebrities.

I am SO not being facetious when I beg to know why...how? How could anyone support this really evil man? How can Hollywood (and the Pro-Castro left) even have the audacity to say ONE word about Abu Gharib or GITMO while offering this dictator thier support (and more important their money?) Someone please explain the glaring hypocrisy here...

No comments: