Sunday, December 04, 2005

Almost-Wedding Blues...

A brief conversation with my almost brother-in-law (only three hours after they land in Jamaica Saturday morning with plans to be married tomorrow afternoon):


T : I hate to call with this, but there's been a problem.

ALa/ABMom: What happened?!

T: AB was bitten by a shark...

ALa/ABMom: ... *eyes welling up with tears*

T: I'm kidding.

ALa/ABMom
: ...

T
: I almost didn't get into the country because my drivers license is expired -they're not sure how much trouble I'm going to have getting back into the States. Liberty Travel screwed up big time and we aren't scheduled to be married. They were supposed to tell us to bring two original, notarized copies of our birth certificates because the Jamaican government keeps one and we'll need the other one to get out of the country...

ALa/ABMom: What can we do?

T: You need to have someone go down to City Hall first thing Monday morning to get another copy of AB's birth certificate and then get it to Liberty Travel who will get it to Jamaica, my dad is going to get mine...


Developing...

No comments: