Monday, November 21, 2005

Recommendations...


First and foremost...If you see ANY movie over the holiday weekend, make it PRIDE & PREJUDICE.

I may be biased as Jane Austen is one of my very favorite authors...actually; I guess that would make me a better judge as I would be much more critical than most when it comes to messing with my favorite novel.

Can we just say....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ms. Austen's works are the genesis of all romantic comedies/romance novels that exist today. She was a feminist before there was such a word. The creators of this film have done her justice.

Also, this weekend I watched Do You Believe in Miracles? on HBO Sports. This is a documentary about the 1980 USA hockey team that beat the undefeated Soviet Union team and won the gold medal in the midst of the Iran Hostage crisis, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the gas strike and non-existent American morale caused by a flaccid President. I am not ashamed to say that I shed a tear or two. After watching I went out and rented Miracle with Kurt Russell...a movie about the same event. It was really good, but if you only see one--choose the documentary.

Last, I have wanted to post on this for a while but I am a bit embarrassed. I am 100% addicted to the show Judging Amy. It's about a liberal judge and a liberal social worker and I started watching it by accident (it's on TNT every day from 12:00 - 2:00). I can honestly say this is one of the best shows I have ever watched. The commercials never did anything to make me want to watch it...but now I'm hooked (which may explain to many of you why I never answer the phone during those hours...LOL)

No comments: