Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm Going to Sound Like a Prude...

...for just a second. I think Family Guy and South Park (and American Dad) are very funny shows, BUT I REALLY don't want my almost-7 yr. old and 5 yr. old watching them. They think that because they're cartoons it's OK for them to watch and The Man seems to feel the same.

The other day I walked in to the three of them watching Family Guy and the mom was saying to the daughter (paraphrased) "Which shirt do you want honey, 'Slut', 'Pretty Prostitute' or 'Cum Dumpster'?" OMG, I nearly had a heart attack. I am SO not ready to explain to my guys what any of those words mean.

I am all for freedom of speech, but I wish the speech was on a lot LATER or on CABLE where it really belongs. I guess that won't happen since the creator says it would be "an honor" to be fined by the FCC.

No comments: