Friday, November 18, 2005

Friday "Blah"

I'm very "blah" today.

So, excuse the lack of substantive posts. The battery in my Jeep is dead, so after getting Mace all ready and buckled into his seat, I had to tell him he couldn't go to school...to which he responded with the saddest little face you've ever seen. I hate being stuck in the house. Even if I don't go anywhere, I need the option to.

Also, we have some huge family decisions on the table. I hate huge decisions and the stress that surrounds the period of indecision.

There were some shitty emails in the inbox too, and normally I feel immune to the bile but when I am already on edge they do bug me. Not that I care what they say, they just lower my view of humanity and make me sad that my children share air with such socially inept misanthropic people.

So anyway, this is my excuse for the lame blogging day. In the interim though I have some cool sites that you can check out:

Watching America (which has been added to the sidebar) is a really one-of-a-kind site that translates U.S.-related news articles from all over the world. We get a glimpse at what other countries are saying from the MSM, but this real time look at the actual articles is fascinating. Obviously most of the articles are negative, but don't blame the messengers -they are only letting you see what you wouldn't normally be able to. (Thanks to The Rottweiler for the recommendation)

Also, Infidel Tees. I came across this site last night and I want almost every t-shirt on the front page. (note to Kos: this is a free ad, because I like the product, not because I'm getting paid to say I do)

And, something that I wanted to post about but don't seem to have the will...
Rep. John Murtha (D) calls for Retreat from Iraq
Murtha is a decorated USMC Vietnam vet and I can't understand this line of thinking. Cut and run?
Anyway, Captain Ed at Captain's Quarters has posted about it, and he says it all better than I could anyway.

No comments: