Thursday, November 17, 2005

Clinton speaks...Al Jazeera swoons.

The other day Nate pointed out that I have been posting a lot about the Democrats role in the Iraq preamble. I do this not to blame them, because *I* still believe they did the right thing (even if they did it for the wrong reasons). I do it lest no one forget that this war was not some lone construct of BushCheneyRumsfeldHaliburton...

Yesterday as I read about President Clinton's speech in Dubai I cringed to see the things that he said. Then I immediately did a search to see if Al Jazeera had gleefully run the story. They did.

"Saddam is gone. It's a good thing, but I don't agree with what was done," Clinton told students at the American University of Dubai.
"It was a big mistake. The American government made several errors ... one of which is how easy it would be to get rid of Saddam and how hard it would be to unite the country."
Clinton was taking questions on the US invasion of Iraq, which began in March 2003. His response drew cheers, and a standing ovation at the end of the hour-long session." (source)

AS soon as I finished the article I thought about a post that I had seen over at Michelle Malkin's site. Guest poster Bryan Preston asks everyone to Google "Clinton Iraq 1998". Anyone that has uttered the words "Bush lied" should do this.

Go ahead, give it a try...the results are fascinating:



(*H/T Michelle Malkin)

No comments: