Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Behind Every Successful Man...

...is a good woman. I have been thinking about this saying lately. What it's really saying is that a man can't become "great" or "successful" (both subjective terms I realize) on their own, they require a "good", "strong", "supportive" woman...maybe even hinting that it's actually the woman's ideas and urging that make the man. Who am I to argue with an age-old saying.

Reading through my daily montage of news stories yesterday I came upon an article about Lewis "Scooter" Libby and the fact that they want to call Cheney to testify. Buried in the story was the fact that Mrs. Lewis "Scooter" Libby is a Democrat. Harriet Grant (his wife) was actually General Counsel to the Judiciary Committee when it was chaired by Joe Biden.

So I guess maybe "Scooter" and Clinton might agree that behind every indicted man is a liberal wife... ;)

No comments: