Monday, October 31, 2005

Anne Rice Exits the "Dark Side"

Anne Rice (Author of The Vampire Lestat series and the Sleeping Beauty Series -for those of you that live under a rock;)) has returned to the Catholic Church and has now turned away from writing about "the dark side".

"I just said, 'From now on it's all going to be for you.' And the book I felt I had to write was the life of Christ. . . . When my faith was given back to me by God, redemption became a part of the world in which I lived. And I wasn't going to write any more books where that wasn't the case. You do not have to be transgressive in order to achieve great art." -Ann Rice (source)

Her new book, Christ the Lord, is about a seven year old Jesus who is struggling to come to terms with the fact that he's the son of God...

I just hope they don't have Tom Cruise play Jesus...

No comments: