Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Spotlight on the Left - Part II

Dr. Martin Haskell
Doctor Martin Haskell wasn't working toward curing cancer, eradicating childhood diabetes or making HIV obsolete...he was the pioneer of the late-term abortion practice appropriately known as partial birth abortion. I'm sure his parents are proud.
Now, (even if I don't agree) I *GET* the argument for first trimester abortions. I understand the importance many women put on Roe, but I don't know why partial-birth abortion is even a debate. We worry about the baby seals, beached whales, terrorists rights and police brutality while viable babies fetuses are having their skulls collapsed with no anesthesia. Who are we to criticize China, Sudan and Syria when this practice is accepted as a "medical procedure"?
It was hard to pick what Haskell quotes I would share with you --the search provided a sickening smorgasbord of information:

"In his 1992 paper, Dr. Martin Haskell, who has performed over 1,000 partial-birth abortions, described the procedure as "a quick, surgical outpatient method that can be performed on a scheduled basis under local anesthesia." Dr. Haskell, a family practitioner who operates three abortion clinics, wrote that he "routinely performs this procedure on all patients 20 through 24 weeks" (4 1/2 to 5 1/2 months) pregnant, except on women who are more than 20 pounds overweight, have twins, or have certain other complicating factors." (source)

For information on why Dr. Haskell adopted the method, the 1993 interview in Cincinnati Medicine is very instructive. Dr. Haskell explained that he had been performing dismemberment abortions (D&Es) to 24 weeks:

"But they were very tough. Sometimes it was a 45-minute operation. I noticed that some of the later D&Es were very, very easy. So I asked myself why can't they all happen this way. You see the easy ones would have a foot length presentation, you'd reach up and grab the foot of the fetus, pull the fetus down and the head would hang up and then you would collapse the head and take it out. It was easy. . . . Then I said, "Well gee, if I just put the ultrasound up there I could see it all and I wouldn't have to feel around for it." I did that and sure enough, I found it 99 percent of the time. Kind of serendipity."

"...And I'll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range. . . . In my particular case, probably 20% [of this procedure] are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective." (source)

This procedure is pawned onto the public as a "form of late term abortion" and is said to have "medical necessity" --but by the pioneer's own words is an elective surgery more than 75% of the time. There is NO medical justification that would be better served with a THREE DAY INDUCTION when a C-section can be performed in less than 2 minutes.

Anyone that fights for the availability of the barbaric practice is an accomplice to murder in my eyes and any other human or animal right they champion is nullified.

Dr. Haskell has earned his place in hell, right next to Dr. George Tiller.

1 comment:

mimi57 said...

I'm surprised no comments?
Thank you for your correct information. I'm with you.
How can people accept late term abortions? And Hillary wanted to put no term dates on them if she was in! I know toooo many who love to rescue and save animals and fight for baby seals ..I am into that too but also why are they such diehards for late term etc. when it comes to killing our own? I just do not get it and I'm from a Catholic family yet many say it's a worms right. There has to be terms!!!!
I'm a nurse read a lot about this and as most who come in simply check off medically necessary more or less ..or other and the greedy doc whose lost his soul rakes in the money killing babies in a Nazi-esque way.
Sorry I'm on my iPad and it's tiny font I'm looking at right now.
Just a big thank you I feel less alone and as a Dem, I voted Trump this time...for reasons above and more.
My best,
Mimi Guzz