Thursday, September 08, 2005

Liberals Drain My Soul...


You may have noticed that my site address is: Moby Rebuttal --as is the email account for this blog...

When I started the site I was in the throws of being obsessed with Moby's online journal. The blog began as my way to counter the dissemination of blatant propaganda on his blog - a way to vent. It bothered me so much because his audience is mostly young kids --and we have all heard the "man on the street" interviews and know how "challenged" most young Americans are when it comes to history, politics and current events. These kids were reading what this Philosophy-major-drop-out had to say and taking it to heart. It drove me batty.

After hearing the audio of Sean Penn's little tirade and then Celine Dion's, I felt I'd go take a gander at what the "thirty-six year old boy" had to say about all this... Ahhh, Dick did not disappoint (his real name : Richard Melville Hall)...
"in regards to the government’s response to Katrina thus far this quote sort of says it all:
"I'm ashamed of America. I'm ashamed of our government," said Rep.Carolyn Kilpatrick, D-Mich. "I'm outraged by the lack of response by our federal government."
President Bush’s response
Sep 02, 2005 - Cancun
no one wants to play politics with the tragedy in Louisiana and mississippi.
but president bush's response has been disastrous and i seriously hope that he is held accountable for the disinterested and cavalier way in which he's dealt with anarchy and tragedy on his doorstep.
i don't know if you heard the interview with the mayor of new orleans, but it's very clear that president bush and the federal government could've done 100 times more than they've done.
they could've sent in more national guard(if they weren't in iraq...).
they could've begun an airlift to get people out of new orleans.
they could've sent in forces to secure the city and provide food and water to the people of new orleans.
instead president bush went to a business conference in san diego and then went back to crawford, texas to resume his vacation.
i've been furious at the president and his administration before, but this shows in sharp relief just how disinterested he is in the lives of regular americans, especially those in desperate need.
-moby (Moby's Journal aka The All Spin Zone)


Then there's the drop-out-turned-thespian Sean Penn who went down to New Orleans in a boat to "save people", unfortunately the boat was so packed with his entourage and photographers, no one else could fit in:
"There are people that are dying right now and I mean babies and old people and everybody in between - they're dying. There are people dying and (the US government are) not putting the boats in the water, I think that's criminal negligence. I don't think anybody ever anticipated the criminal negligence of the Bush administration in this situation." (source)


Last, but not least, there's Celine...yes, you guessed it, another High School Dropout... Now she gave a check for A LOT of money, and that's good...but then she opened her mouth -and that's bad...
"I open (sic) the television, there's people still there, waiting to be rescued, and for me it's not acceptable.
"I know there's reasons for it, I'm sorry to say, I'm being rude, but I don't want to hear those reasons."
Dion criticized authorities for arresting looters in New Orleans, Louisiana, saying they should make rescuing the stranded victims a priority.
She said, "Oh, they're stealing 20 pair of jeans or they're stealing television sets. Who cares? They're not going to go too far with it. Maybe those people are so poor, some of the people who do that they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives. Let them touch those things for once."
Dion referred to Bush's controversial war in Iraq, saying, "How come it's so easy to send planes in another country to kill everyone in a second, to destroy lives? We need to be there right now to rescue the rest of the people." (source)


I am TRULY shocked at the partisan bullshit that is going on. Really. I haven't really written about it because I am too disgusted to even articulate properly. Do we now blame humans for acts of nature? Is this for real?
I know, the latest poll (CNN/Gallup) shows that MOST Americans still possess some brain power and only a small fringe element of 13% blame the President, but you would never know that by Hollywood, Howard Dean or the Crazy-ass Blogosphere. How was I so delusional that I thought everyone would pull together like they did in the weeks after 9/11. I actually thought this could be a healing point. How can I still be such an idealist after more than a year in this snarky political forum?

Maybe it's just the stress of my first born starting first grade yesterday...but I feel so much anger I want to shut off the computer and the TVs and just walk away for a while... Some of you people really drain my soul, my spirit and my compassion...

No comments: