Thursday, August 11, 2005

When Gaming Becomes Fatal...

About 11 years ago I swore off video games. That was the day after I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel after a marathon session of Mario Brothers when I stayed up for 12 hours to beat all 96 levels (damn fishing Boo!). I was also addicted to Tekken, Street Fighter and Mortal Combat (I still remember the code to get the blood to appear on Sega Genesis -ABACABB) Hello, my name is ALa and I have an addictive personality. Now that I spawned two males, video games have re-entered my life via Gameboy, Gamecube and Playstation. My wrists have survived because we (as in the entire family) are now addicted to long story-type games as opposed to the fast fighting games. The Zelda series is the poison of choice, but we'll pretty much try anything the game store geeks suggest...
Wait, this was going somewhere... Oh yeah, I felt a bit better about my gaming addiction when I read this story about a 28 year old boy in South Korea that had a heart attack and died after he played video games at an internet cafe for fifty hours straight. I might be bad, but there is always someone worse...

No comments: