Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Seeking diverse opinions...

1) We have been hearing for the past few weeks how much the cameras (that are all over London) have helped Scotland Yard in the speedy capture of would-be bombers and extended network. It is estimated that the average Londoner can have their picture taken up to 300 times in one day (there are over 500,000 cameras). To everyone, but especially those against random searches and the Patriot Act, what do you think about installing cameras here?

2) Tax codes/consequences are not my forte. I do the taxes for The Man's business, and our accountant says I do a good job...but truthfully I have no idea what I'm doing. So, as a self-proclaimed tax novice, the FLAT TAX sounds like a damn good idea to me. I have read things by Steve Forbes about it, and read Neal Boortz extolling the FAIR TAX. Is this too boring a discussion to have here? I really want to understand what would be best and understand why the current tax system still stands in light of what seems to be two better alternatives…

No comments: