Sunday, July 31, 2005

Yesterday...

I had the honor of meeting yet another Blogger. …and I maintain that if you seem to click virtually, you will in real life also.

Army Girl (Phoenix) was passing near Philly in her travels and stopped off at the House of Sage for a Philly Cheesesteak. She arrived at 9:30pm and before we knew it, it was 5:30am! We talked for eight hours straight--and as she followed me to the road she needed to be on her way, the sun was coming up and the birds were chirping.

I am pretty sure that Justice has a new ‘girlfriend’ -as he was duly smitten with her beauty and the added bonus that she is a real-life 'Army girl'. He was awake and came with me as we drove her to her destination. He came downstairs at 4am after having a dream about Usama Bin Laden. I asked why he was thinking about Bin Laden and he said, "I was Googling pictures of him to put on my website". He ended up drawing Phoenix a picture of "water monsters" sucking Bin Laden into their vortex...

It was pretty apparent that we could have talked for another eight hours quite easily. How wonderful to talk with someone whose eyes light up when she speaks of her job and her country.

My time with her made me think of all the comments under the recent feminism thread... Isn't it odd that most of us here are girls that normally don't click with other women --and somehow we all gravitated to the same little corner of the Blogosphere? The four women that I have met so far (PunkRock Mommy, Desult, Beth and Phoenix) are the types of women I'd thought didn't exist... I have loved meeting all of you and my outlook changed by knowing all of you that I have met here virtually also.

Thank you for that.
And Phoenix...you have to stay longer next time... (email me to let me know you arrived safely on no sleep and frappuccinos).

No comments: