Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Santorum's New Book

This article rips apart a statement from Rick Santorum's new book, 'It Takes A Family'. A statement that I completely agree with:
Santorum says:
"In far too many families with young children, both parents are working when, if they really took an honest look at the budget, they might find they don't both need to."

I believe this. If you add up daycare costs, gas, automobile wear and tear, lunches, clothes, etc. most families would find that the second income is barely worth it. The article mocks Santorum for being stuck in a "Father Knows Best" mentality (and mocks him for his family's choice to home school) --but I too believe that the break up of the family is what began the spiraling of the society. Is ADHD real or are many of the cases just kids deciding that bad attention is better than no attention? I am old fashioned that way though. I think moms should be at home raising the kids (at least until they are in school full time), and I don't think it's wrong for someone to express that ideal --even if it ruffles a lot of feathers.

No comments: