Friday, July 29, 2005

Random Un-PC Thoughts from Yesterday...

My mom and I took the boys to the zoo again yesterday and as I was 'people watching' (one of my favorite things), I couldn't help thinking about a few of the repetitive sights...

1) I love Black moms. White moms are so "it's wrong to hit your kid" and "I can't raise my voice in anger". BUT Black moms will smack their kid upside the back of their head in front of 1,000 people without a second thought. "You better get your black ass over here or I'm gonna whoop it!" I envy that. Talking back and other annoying "kid" things may be cute at 4, but they won't be cute at 10+.

2) I get very uncomfortable seeing large groups of Muslims in full garb. When I see the men I feel panicky. I try not to, but it's an instant reaction. When I see the women I feel angry...I can't understand why anyone would allow themselves to be subjugated like that. And they don't like it --they have no choice. I was hot yesterday in a little tank top, linen Capri’s and flip flops...on top of the full black burqua, they were even wearing black wool socks... Why isn’t NOW and NARAL out protesting Islam because if this?

3) What is it with teenage girls and the sweatpants rolled down and a half top when the belly is spilling out? But wait; top that off with Adidas soccer sandals and white sweat socks. geez. I guess the younger generation is saving tons on birth control... The Man heard a comedian talking about this "style" and he said that they looked like Pillsbury rolls in the tube when you first pop it! LOL...

No comments: