Friday, June 17, 2005

Randoms...

Kofi Annan really needs to be fired.

Is it wrong for me to say that Arlen Spector is really hard to look at these days. Damn, I can't believe I caved and voted for him (not because of how he looks --because of his politics). Isn't he the one that just proposed that bill that would absolve asbestos companies...? A man that just went through Chemo is saying that people have no recourse to asbestos exposure? The taxpayers have to pay and not the asbestos companies...do I just not understand this bill?

Have you heard about the (possible) serial child molester in California? They found a notebook with 36,000 sex acts listed... Ugh...this makes my stomach churn...

Tom Cruise has proposed to Katie Holmes (who has apparently converted to Christian Science-ism -I know, I know Scientology, but the former sounded funnier). I would like to go out on a limb and predict Tom's next wife: Dakota Fanning.

On a lighter and more personal note...
The Man and I went out for dinner and drinks last night with Beth A.K.A. She Who Will Be Obeyed A.K.A. Carnival of the Recipes Creator Extraordinaire A.K.A Loving wife of John of Argghhh!... It is always tough picking a restaurant when someone is in town--(I have told you all before that Philly has kick-ass restaurants and I really wasn't exaggerating). We decided on The Continental -a converted diner now hipster Martini Bar that is known for their chocolate martinis and their lobster mashed potatoes. Beth had a drink that looked great: Champagne-A-Rama (champagne and raspberry vodka with the top of the glass dibbled with grenadine and sugar) and The Man got to have his beloved Sidecars. After dinner (we got tons of stuff and all shared) we walked over to a little Belgium bar down the street and got a few Lindemans (I had Framboise (raspberry) and they had Kriek (Cherry)) and played touch screen trivia and word search games (there was an erotic picture game too, but we won't talk about that one) After that we strolled around for a bit (it was a gorgeous night) and then, sadly, took her back to her hotel so we could rescue my mother from our Sage-spawn. As soon as Beth got safely into the hotel, The Man turned to me and said, "She is SO nice!" ...and she was. Beth is so bubbly, funny and sweet and superb dinner date! We look forward to her next trip to Philly and hope that John can come too! Have a safe flight home!

No comments: